About Me

Thursday, February 11, 2010

OLPC


Hey Everyone,

When a presentation was done last week on "One Laptop Per Child" I was very interested. In fact, I even picked that topic from the syllabus as one of the 3 things I would have liked to do a presentation on, even though I knew nothing about it, I thought it sounded interesting. I am glad "One Laptop Per Child" was incorporated into a presentation before we were assigned the reading by John Dvorak because it gave me a little background information on the topic.

After reading the article from John Dvorak I found this video(http://www.fastcompany.tv/video/inside-one-laptop-per-childs-wireless-features). The video shows Michall Biestas(VP of Advanced Technology and Connectivity with the OLPC project) talk about some of the amazing features that the laptops have to offer. For example, their wireless internet and their advanced power saving features. I also liked this video because it shows the audience around a "OLPC" studio and so you can see how they make the laptops and how busy the office is on a typical workday. The video is a little long but I think it is worth it to watch some of it. The interview with Michall Biestas is pretty casual so the audience can see how down to earth he is and how he believes "OLPC" will continue to be a success.

Hope you are all enjoying the week off/snow storm :)
Liz

1 comment:

  1. That video was a great find! I think your right. Laptops have a lot to offer for those who are living in developing countries who never really get a chance to interact on that kind of level. In fact, I think we can take a lesson from this and go even further to promote "One Laptop Per Child" because it will really help make a difference in their lives. However, with all these positives attributes, do you think their are any negative ones?

    ReplyDelete